Hi Hiro,

This seems to be system related, and I don't know what it is about my system that produces this behavior. I can predict, with some reliability, when it is going to happen, because there are early signs of the corruption. The first sign is that some instruments begin to play back at wrong transpositions. As this begins to occur, jumping back in the score to begin the playback at an earlier spot sometimes cures the problem for a while, but it eventually becomes incurable with that method. The next thing I do is close the file and reopen it - reloading the Garittan sounds in the process. Again, this works for a while. Then, suddenly, after entering a few notes, or changing pitches in one or two parts, the problem recurs and becomes persistent. At that point, I can be pretty sure that Finale will crash or not reopen after quitting, and the preferences will be corrupted. I only relate these details, in case there is anyone on the list who might have an idea what is going on that produces this annoying behavior.

I am surprised to hear that others have experienced this, because MM seems not to know anything about it.

Chuck