noel jones wrote:
I think I have layout and everything under control when doing hymns except lyrics.

Multiple verses end up making me manually drag staves around, and I end up with a sloppy looking book of hymns.
I've done several hundreds of hymns, and here's what I did early on. I found a spacing between the bottom of the top staff and the first line of lyrics, a spacing between lines of lyrics, and a spacing between the last lyric, and the top of the bottom staff that I liked. I set up a template file, and with all the settings I prefer, spaced to accommodate 6 verses. When I do a hymn with more or fewer, I simply set the space between the bottom lyric and the top line of the bottom staff as needed.

ns