In the Page Layout menu UNcheck "avoid margin collision".

JB
Sent from my iPhone using my thumbs w/out a spellchecker

On Feb 13, 2009, at 6:21 PM, Katherine Hoover <khoo...@papagenapress.com> wrote:

I generally print on legal paper, in order to eventually have pieces done on 9 x 12 paper at the printer. This means I have to work with systems rather freely at times. At the moment I'm doing a piece for two pianos, and need to get 3 systems on a page (3 groups of 4 staves.) I cannot seem to move the second system at all, and those some others will move and some will not. I took the time to try various things under the page layout tool, but I was not able to solve the problem.

Again for some reason this was not a problem in my old Finale program. Also the movement I just finished I was able somehow to work with. But it is patently clear that I don't really KNOW what works and what doesn't, and I'm wasting a lot of time messing around.

   Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

   Thanks,