David W. Fenton wrote:
And if my keyboard is dirty, why don't I have any keyboard errors in any other applications?

For that matter, it's not that they keyboard doesn't do what I tell it -- the cursor is in exactly the right place vertically, it's just that the note that comes out is wrong (though it's the right rhythmic value).
No, your suggestion is completely implausible as a cause of this bug.

Well, perhaps my suggestion is implausible, perhaps not. My suggestion is caused by my own personal experience where I had a problem with a particular key combination in Finale not working as I expected, but in another application (running at the same time in a different window) that same key combination behaved as I expected it to behave. Swapping out the keyboard solved the issue, and the particular key combination that was previously problematic now worked in all applications (including Finale) as I expected. I cannot explain why. I also do not mean to suggest any certainty that this is in fact the cause. But if it were me....

ns