>>Based on the above, it would be worth checking your computer keyboard to
>>see if there is some debris down inside.

>This may become my favorite response to drop into Usenet flame wars! RY

Let me add that I do realize your suggestion was serious and, in fact, I
occasionally run into a situation - only with Finale - where that might be
what is happening. Sometimes when I start Finale and click the score it acts
as if the space bar is down and the playback starts. This corrects itself
only if I hit the space bar. I don't know if it is debris or a bug (of
course, maybe the debris is a literal bug, who knows?). RY