David W. Fenton wrote:
How, exactly, would a stuck key cause the inputting of the rhythm to get the wrong pitch?
I don't know the internals of Finale well enough to be able to answer the question, but I should note that in the case I experienced, the key was not stuck. I didn't bother to disassemble the keyboard to find out exactly what the problem was inside, because it was a newer model, and I am a dedicated user of antique, mechanically based keyboards. The key combination worked most of the time in Finale, and all the time in other applications that made use of it before I changed keyboards; after I changed keyboards, it worked all the time in the other applications and all the time in Finale.

ns