On Mar 20, 2009, at 10:09 AM, Darcy James Argue wrote:

Hi Chuck,

This is a known bug. Or it should be. I've reported it more than once.

The only solution is either (A) extraction, or (B), if you want to keep everything in the same file, explode the voiced staff to separate, non-printing staves, and make those ones the source for your parts. Obviously, both solutions result in parts that are no longer linked to what you see in the score.

Hi Darcy and Christopher (my reliable friends),

Yup, and I am engaged in correspondence with those in charge of the support staff. This is hardly indicative of good quality control on the part of the customer support people at MM. I find them friendly and responsive enough - but that does not make up for the fact that the level of support expertise has deteriorated as the complexity and power of Finale has increased. There is no excuse for the support people not recognizing and copping to a known bug and making me waste my time following useless leads.

This list is becoming both quicker and more reliable than MM.

Chuck

Cheers,

- Darcy
-----