David W. Fenton wrote:
On 26 Jun 2009 at 21:00, Kim Patrick Clow wrote:

I have several friends that are graphic designers, and I'm in awe of
watching them work in Photoshop or Illustrator without having to use the
mouse at all. When I asked about it, they told me their productivity would
shrink by 3/4 if they didn't have the keyboard shortcuts.

And yet, the actual research on this subject completely contradicts that user perception. That is, Apple and Microsoft's usability labs have run the tests many times and mousing is faster than keyboarding.

It's counterintuitive to me, but them's the facts.

And the tests run by third parties?