In Finale 2010 they removed the ability to import Encore files directly (so much for not removing functionality, eh?) In Fin2009 and previous it is still there, under File>Import.

I think MusicXML might be an option too, but I don't know how that works. Certainly you need the Encore file to be converted into MusicXML format; whether that is something that is done from inside Encore or if it is a standalone converter I couldn't say.

Yet another reason to keep old versions installed.

(BTW, when you say a "Score file" with the proper noun capitialised, it makes us think for a minute that it is a file from the program Score, which is a completely different animal. But only for a minute!)

Christopher