Actually I'm trying to get a file from the notation program Score to open.

Someone sent my editor a Score to Encore format.

Using Finale 2005, on the file named
Heinichen_Dres_N1_Sinfonia_in_D_bass_a.enc

I get "invalid file format" error message :-(

Any ideas what's wrong?

Thanks!
Kim

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 10:15 AM, Christopher Smith <
christopher.sm...@videotron.ca> wrote:

> In Finale 2010 they removed the ability to import Encore files directly (so
> much for not removing functionality, eh?) In Fin2009 and previous it is
> still there, under File>Import.
>
> I think MusicXML might be an option too, but I don't know how that works.
> Certainly you need the Encore file to be converted into MusicXML format;
> whether that is something that is done from inside Encore or if it is a
> standalone converter I couldn't say.
>
> Yet another reason to keep old versions installed.
>
> (BTW, when you say a "Score file" with the proper noun capitialised, it
> makes us think for a minute that it is a file from the program Score, which
> is a completely different animal. But only for a minute!)
>
> Christopher
>

> On Aug 25, 2009, at 10:02 AM, Kim Patrick Clow wrote:
>
> Good day:
>>
>> A friend sent me a Score file in Encore format with the idea I can open
>> this
>> in Finale. It apparently doesn't work.
>>
>> Any suggestions? Do I need specific plug-ins?
>>
>> Thanks kindly,
>> Kim

Kim Patrick Clow
"Just be yourself! Everyone else is taken!"