Noel Stoutenburg wrote:
Ray Horton wrote:
What's the smallest laptop or notebook upon which one could run Finale? I would assume without Garritan? Just something I could carry around to work with when I have a few minutes to spare, then port over to my desktop at home? Will it run on a Dell Mini 10?
Depends upon the version of Finale that one wished to run. The smallest new notebook pc's that I see on the Microcenter website all seem, at first glance, anyway, to have specifications which meet or exceed the system requirements listed for FIN 2010 on the Finale website, even with Garritan, except that you'll probably want to add an external pointing device and a full-size computer keyboard, or at least a numeric keypad.

And once you do that, why not simply spend a little more and buy a notebook large enough to have a full keyboard? Carrying around the netbook with external keyboard, external pointing device will be less convenient than a single more capable notebook (and with larger screen real-estate, always an issue when working with notation).

--
David H. Bailey
dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com