On Oct 21, 2009, at 3:20 PM, David W. Fenton wrote:

Speaking of TGTools, it is rather shocking that MakeMusic would not work
with Tobias to ensure that his plugin works properly with Finale.

And what makes you think they haven't? My guess is that Tobias is a
beta tester so he knows what's going on. I'd also guess that as one
of the most important plugin developers he has no trouble getting
through to the programming team to discuss issues.

If the problems haven't been fixed, that tells me:

1. the problems are quite difficult, OR

2. Tobias has not given it full attention yet.

3. both (#2 could be triggered by #1, for instance)

I'm not saying any of these alternatives are the case, but I don't
see that it's proper to blame MM for Tobias's lack of an updated
release.

It took
months for an update to work with the new dynamics (as I  recall) and
people are still waiting for an update to get the Chords working properly
again.

I don't see what the justification is for blaming MM for this. Even
if Tobias only got the new version at the same time everyone else
did, at that point, it's all on him to revise his plugin to work with
the new version. Clearly, MM can help him to make the process as
smooth as possible, but at a certain point, updating the plugin is
the responsibility of the plugin developer, not of MM.

Obviously, in order to maintain an active stable of plugin developers
MM has to pay attention to them and try not to introduce changes into
Finale that break existing plugins any more than is necessary. But
have we heard from any plugin developers that MM has been doing this?
Perhaps we wouldn't, as they can't badmouth MM without possibly
endangering their insider access.

Again, this points to MakeMusic. One of their most important plugin developers (or the best one IMHO) doesn't have his plugins ready for the release of program? That would be like Apple shipping a new iPod and having iTunes not work fully with it.

Seems like there is no incentive for Tobias to update his plugins and/ or there was no communication between him and MM that the next version of Finale was going to break his plugin. Again.The same thing happened for Finale 2009, and there was about 5 or 6 months until Tobias got around to fixing it for the full version of TGTools. I think the Align/ Move worked in the limited bundle that was included in Finale 2009.

You'd think that MakeMusic would pay attention to detail...