On Fri Dec 18, at FridayDec 18 7:27 AM, Aaron Sherber wrote:

On 12/17/2009 8:00 PM, SN jef chippewa wrote:

2) anyone has a brilliant solution to the different appearance of
fixed font expressions with enclosures in PT and (reduced) SC,

Sorry, I've never seen that, because I don't use fixed-size fonts in expressions.

Aaron.

Aaron, may I ask, then, are you happy with microscopic rehearsal letters and tempo changes in your scores? Once the score sizing gets down to 60% or so (not at all unusual in an orchestra score) then all these items are illegible.

I am okay with fixed sizes for tempo marks and rehearsal letters, because there is actually an advantage to having these items be grotesquely large in the score compared with the staff height, but the enclosures are a tough one.

JazzFont, of course, (and all the related fonts like Swing and the Broadway font) has built-in enclosures that scale perfectly along with the letters. For Engraver users, Jari Williamsson just came out with a free series of Times-like fonts with built-in enclosures that look pretty good. No circles, though.

Christopher