I like it because it means I don't need to mentally scale my page margins, and I don't need to use fixed-size text for page-attached items.

ah, well, this isn't such an issue for me, i use fixed for very specific things and can see reason to continue to do so, even though i will change to system scaling instead of page scaling. for me, there is the serious advantage that positioning of page-attached text blocks doesn't shift when page scaling is set to 100%.

so to look at this from the oher side now, given that i can achieve everything i want using system scaling instead of page scaling, what could page scaling be useful for that no other method could allow the user to do?