SN jef chippewa wrote:
so to look at this from the oher side now, given that i can achieve everything i want using system scaling instead of page scaling, what could page scaling be useful for that no other method could allow the user to do?
The only time I've ever used page scaling was in scores for a visually challenged individual. I took a score originally sized about 5 1/2 x 8, and scaled it up 200 percent using page scaling, and printed the resulting score on 11 x 17 paper, with less than a dozen mouse clicks and a like number of key strokes.

ns.