> >And going the other direction, too. If you are in wide view, nudge
> >something and it goes too far, the intuitive thing to do (for my
> >intuition at least!) would be to nudge it back, then zoom in
> and nudge
> >it again. If it nudged the same distance in the score I would be
> >complaining about it.
>
> REALLY!?  you mean when you are dealing with the look of the
> score you think it is better to change view percentages?

Better than what?

> in my view, it is best to do as much as possible at the same
> view so that what you see is on the same scale as much as
> possible.  this ensures a much greater consistency.  and you
> can work quicker, not having to zoom in and out and drag teh
> page as often.  then for the few cases where you need a more
> fine view, you zoom in.

Well, that's just what I was saying, "when you need a more fine view you
zoom in." And when you do zoom in you want finer control of movement.

> in my experience, the types of collisions that you need to
> move things for are very often on a similar scale (distance
> between items on score, not screen), therefore it seems to em
> to make sense that the default be to move by "score" distances.

To quote you: "REALLY!?" The nudge of a fingering number in front of a
notehead is very small since I autoplace them with a metatool. Moving an
expression is often much larger. Moving a barline might be another distance
entirely.

Jari's suggestion that this be an option seems best for the variety of
methods.