When I crossgraded from Finale to Sibelius over 2 years ago, I sent them my CD for Finale 2002, which won't run under OS X. No problems.

HTH

J D  Thomas
ThomaStudios

On Jan 10, 2010, at 4:14 PM, Will Roberts wrote:

toronado...@gmail.com wrote:
... was wondering if it matters which
program disk you send them. Like, could you send them your old Finale 2008
CD and keep your Finale 2009 and your user guide remains intact?

I don't think it matters, provided it's an original program CD. David, can you comment on this?

Also it says you must currently be a student. So faculty doesn't count?

Where did you see that?  No mention of needing to be a student here:

http://www.sibelius.com/shop/panels/competitive_upgrade_tnc.html

Best,
-WR