Lawrence Yates wrote:
> I'm very happy with Finale but I am increasingly being given Sibelius files
> to work with and so am seriously considering buying Sibelius as well.  This
> offer, if, as someone has suggested, applies to older versions of Finale,
> sounds very attractive but I don't want to give up my current Finale.

I don't think you have to give up Finale at all.  You just have to send
them two pages of your Finale user guide or one of your Finale program
discs.

> (I currently have the demo version of Sib 6 and, in my inexperience, am
> finding it very, very difficult to use.  The demo instruction book seems to
> offer less help than I would like.  As I said, I am very inexperienced so
> it's probably my fault)

When I last tried the Sibelius demo, I found that the full documentation
available for download from the site was more helpful than the limited
information in the demo.  The full manual is here:

http://www.sibelius.com/download/documentation

I don't have Sibelius 6, but am thinking about upgrading.

Best,
-WR
--
  Will Roberts