Instead of setting them up again, they are stored in
username/Library/Audo/MIDI Configurations. You could make a simple
Applescript to copy files to that destination. Though you'd have to
have someway to redo the permissions on the file first. Though if all
the computers are THE SAME in the lab, you should be able to do that
ONCE and use that as a template and copy it into the current/new user
(which in Applescript or in Unix is ~/Library with the ~ saying the
current user's home directory)/

The first part though, I dunno. I'm assuming that setting up the
computers in versions before 2009 and 2010 worked? If so,
then.......why does it not work now? Strange..