On Sat, January 23, 2010 8:44 am, dhbailey wrote:
> I can't honestly say that there is any advantage -- I
> actually hadn't considered the use of Expressions for
> titles, but it makes perfect sense, and in the future I will
> use those!

That's what I use. They seem to survive layout abuse pretty well -- when the
composer makes changes, they're pretty good at sticking.

On a related topic: If several measures are added or deleted, it really messes
with the layout. With just a few measures I can usually keep the pages intact
by tightening or loosening measure contents slightly. But if I need more or
fewer lines of music, I can't figure how to make the system spacing move along
with the locked measures. The system number "owns" the spacing parameters.
Right now, for example, I have parts with 25 sections that have slightly more
vertical spacing highlighting the section markings. One additional line of
music toward the beginning means re-adjusting all subsequent sections.

Any tricks?

Dennis