On Feb 12, 2010, at 1:01 PM, Paul Hayden wrote:

FinMac09
Mac OS X 10.5.8

<http://files.me.com/haydenp/femwik>

This is a PDF of the left hand part of a piano passage (the right hand is occupied with other stuff). I have three questions:

1. Should I just leave these measures in bass clef?

This would be my choice. I don't see changing clefs as making things easier to read in this case. And I think the ties after some of the grace notes don't look good to my eye - again, in this particular case. Just my 2c.

Chuck

2. Should I use a bass clef for the low notes and change immediately back to treble clef for the higher notes?

3. Can you use a different clef for a single grace note in Finale? If so, how? I can only find a way to do this with a _regular_ note. (Temporarily changing a grace to a regular note and back doesn't work.)

Thanks.

Paul Hayden

Magnolia Music Press
<www.paulhayden.com>