Wow! A new word every day.

I had to look up inegal....not easy, it turns out it's a French word and we need the accent on the "e". But here's a site that explains it and gives musical examples and mentions swing!

http://www.dolmetsch.com/musictheory20.htm

I've very much enjoyed the intelligent comments on strings and swing. I get to do quite a lot of Symphony Pops charts and I've found the only phrasing for a whole section that can vaguely pass muster in the swing department is to write quarter note triplets against a 4/4 rhythm. The fundamental thing about string sections is that they watch the damned conductor instead of listening to the drummer!

I was lucky enough to get to write some charts for the Kronos on one of my wife's CD's and they swing OK but nowhere near as much as The Turtle Island folks. If you have any interest you can follow the score and listen by going here.... http://www.mikegreensill.com/pages/services.html#

Mike G.

www.mikegreensill.com