On Mar 28, 2010, at 4:57 AM, dc wrote:

Is there a standard (Italian?) term used as a heading for a piece that has no title, in the context of a work where all the other movements have a title?

Allemande
Courante
[???]
Sarabande
etc.

I don't know what your editorial context is for this project -- whether you are constrained to only follow an original source or if you are free to add information of your own. If the latter, I would say that this piece is clearly a dance suite (even if not intended for actual dancing) so you ought to be able to look at the rhythm of the unnamed piece and recognize what sort of dance it is, then call it that (possibly within editorial brackets).

mdl