From: finale-boun...@shsu.edu [mailto:finale-boun...@shsu.edu] On Behalf Of
Ryan Beard
Sent: Sunday, April 18, 2010 9:57 PM
To: finale@shsu.edu
Subject: Re: [Finale] Organ dynamics

Wow. Didn't mean to start up such a debate!

Perhaps I should clarify my situation. I'm engraving a piece for organ by a
dead composer. He has marked dynamics in the music. Sometimes there's one
marking under the top staff only. Sometimes there's a marking under all
three staves. Sometimes there's a marking above the top staff only, because
I assume there wasn't any room to put it elsewhere.

Since I don't have much experience with organ music, I don't know if the
placement of the dynamics is the result of a lazy copyist (very likely
considering other aspects of the MS), or if the dynamics mean something
specific to the performer when placed in a particular location.

I'd prefer to place the dynamics consistently throughout the whole work.
There are no indications for the stops.