On 27 May 2010 at 16:11, arabus...@austin.rr.com wrote:

> Well, I have some Copyist files trapped in a computer that needs a
> fresh copy of Windows 98 to reboot. I have all the data copied to
> Windows, and the program bombs after a few moves.

Have you tried copying the files to a newer computer, installing
Win98 in a VM and attempting to run it there? Have you tried running
it outside a VM and adjusting the settings to run in compatibility
mode for a different version of Windows?

I'm not saying it's definitely possible to get it working, just that
there are a lot of options to try before giving up.