On Tue, July 13, 2010 4:28 pm, Noel Stoutenburg wrote:
> Without details of your system, I can't be of too much help. Based upon what
you describe, though, first question, is how much installed memory, and what
else is going on in the background when you try to play back?

Two more bits of info.

If the document is closed and re-opened, it will play again. Finale itself
doesn't have to be restarted.

If I have Finale play a few measures and then just leave it alone for 10
minutes, the next time I come back, there is a long lag. If I close and
re-open the file, let it play once, and come back quite a while (about 20+
minutes), it no longer plays at all, and I have to re-open the document.

So whatever is happening starts with the first play and just keeps going.

Dennis