Yeah, thanks .... that's kind of what I stumbled upon too.

Dean

On Nov 11, 2010, at 11:44 AM, Noel Stoutenburg wrote:

Dean M. Estabrook wrote:

What is the easiest way in which to create a measure which is without a time signature, and in which I can place as many durations as I please, and which will not count as Measure One? This is for an incipit at the
beginning of a motet.

What I've done is to define a staff style which does not show the time signature, and applied it only to the first measure; then change the time signature of the first measure to one which will accommodate the number of beats neaded; then isolate the measure containing the incipit from the balance of the work by means of measure number regions. I can set this up in less time than it took to describe it.

ns

I have opened my soul/To let in the warmth of sound/Now my saving grace
Adrian Estabrook, author

And ... I remain intrigued that some folks who accept and practice, with absolute fidelity, the concepts of, say, feng shui and pyramids, should find the task of extending their leaps of faith to include an existent God so arduous.
Dean M. Estabrook
http://sites.google.com/site/deanestabrook/