Okay, maybe a more realistic solution is a (paper) music stand that
accommodates a general purpose pad device in a secure, tailored inset,
leaving the screen flush with the rest of the stand so you can easily put a
folder over it. (Hey wait a minute, did I just invent something?) But I just
think the pad device needs to have a larger screen and be a lot cheaper than
an iPad before it gains wide acceptance. And you still haven't addressed how
I'm gonna play outdoors on a sunny day.