At 1:03 PM -0800 12/9/10, Eric Dannewitz wrote:
Hmm, most parts I've been coming across from theater companies are computer notated (looks like Finale).

I think if a smart company like MTI or somebody came up with an App that could transmit parts in a reader App that would let you view and change around parts.....and that it would delete itself or not allow itself to work after a certain time period....

We do a lot of the more classic shows, which are clearly cash cows for the Libraries that rent them, and they won't even put money into correcting the same errors that have been in those hand-copied books for the past 60 years!!!! Fat chance that they'll invest in a new technology until they start losing rentals because they haven't.

John

--
John R. Howell, Assoc. Prof. of Music
Virginia Tech Department of Music

"We never play anything the same way once."  Shelly Manne's definition
of jazz musicians.