Since I'm of the "old school" Finale users, having really cut my teeth on
the program almost ten years ago, I never was used to the idea of linked
parts,  so I have continued doing the usual extraction method.  I'm starting to
 regret this, especially as I didn't realize that this "unlinks" the parts
from  the score; I thought that "linked" parts meant "linked extracted"
parts.  I  guess I need to read the directions a little more.  Now that I've
spent 30  minutes just making one pass to change of all things, the title, I'm
really  wanting my parts to be linked again.

Is it possible to do an Indiana Jones-like switcheroo, where I insert the
part file I've been working on and laid out beautifully into the rough-cut
part  file that Finale wants to use when I go to select the part in question?
 I  realize that for certain things I'll probably need to still use some
part  extraction, but with that being the exception rather than the rule, I'll
even  allow for some extra cleanup if it will save me some time down the
road.

Conversely, if someone has a way I can literally cut-and-paste all the
layout changes I've made and can superimpose them on the part with minimal
damage, that would be acceptable, too.  I don't think this will work where
I've exploded the parts into multiple staves, though, such as my double wind
lines.  But perhaps there's a plugin for that, too?

Thanks,
Michael Wittenburg
Sarasota Opera