Steve,

There are ways to speed workflow in Finale, but they take time to set up.
QuicKey macros and shortcuts can help.  I know copyist/engravers who have
pretty elaborate set ups with extra keyboards (I use a small one) to trigger
QuicKeys to reduce buried menu items and dialog box selections to one
keystroke.  I have Patterson Beams (Robert is another appreciated contributor)
programmed to an extra mouse button.  Can't stand seeing Finales default beam
angles, since I got used to Patterson Beam settings, so I am constantly
invoking Robert's plugin.

Chuck

On Jan 14, 2011, at 9:02 AM, Steve Parker wrote:

> Yes. For me escape key once takes me there - on mac.
> The trouble with complaining about things like this is that it always seems
> petty to ask for one mouse click rather than two.
> But workflow *is* petty and those clicks add up. ;-)
>
> Steve P.
>

> On 14 Jan 2011, at 16:11, Don Hart wrote:
>
>> Not sure if you're aware of a couple of keyboard shortcuts that help me with
>> this: hitting the escape key twice takes you to the selection tool;
>> double-clicking an item (in the selection tool) takes you to that item's
>> tool.
>>
>> Don Hart
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 9:48 AM, Steve Parker <st...@pinkrat.co.uk> wrote:
>>

>>> I don't see why the selection tool can't select and drag anything at all.
>>> I shift almost everything in a score during cleanup and reselecting tools
>>> knackers workflow.

Chuck Israels
1310 NW Naito Parkway #807
Portland, OR 97209-3162