On 2/1/2011 11:57 AM, Chuck Israels wrote:
MM is clearly committed to Simple Entry as the input method that will continue
to be developed.  Unfortunately for those of us who think pitch first and note
value second, it turns our habits and movements upside down and impedes our
work.

Hear, hear!

If MM provided the possibility of pitch, then note value in Simple Entry, I'd
be likely to succumb to its other advantages.

As someone who uses the computer keyboard exclusively, I can't live without the 3-octave keyboard arrangement of Speedy, which lets me translate what I want to do into piano-like movements. Simple wants me to perform a cross-domain translation and convert notes and melodic movement to qwerty location, which I think is far more difficult.

Aaron.