On 2011-02-01 17:57, Chuck Israels wrote:

MM is clearly committed to Simple Entry as the input method that
will continue to be developed.  Unfortunately for those of us who
think pitch first and note value second, it turns our habits
and movements upside down and impedes our work.  If MM
provided the possibility of pitch, then note value in Simple
Entry, I'd be likely to succumb to its other advantages.

MM is not committed to any music entry method IMO. Since the redesigned Simple Entry was introduced many Finale versions ago, basically nothing has happened feature-wise to Simple and Speedy.
That's a pity IMO, since none of these modes is as good as it could be.

Best regards,

Jari Williamsson