I recently received my copy of "Behind Bars", Elaine Gould's "definitive guide
to notation". She says that a dotted note and a note without a dot may share a
single dotted notehead, unless this makes the rhythms ambiguous, in which case
you should use separate noteheads. For the example you give, if it's a keyboard
piece I think a shared notehead would be OK. But it's correct as you wrote it
(you may also place the dotted notehead before the other one if you prefer).

For your second example, Gould says that if both parts share the notehead, you
only need one dot. If you have two noteheads, each one needs a dot. In cramped
conditions the dots may be placed vertically one over the other in two
different spaces, but otherwise it's better to separate the noteheads and put a
dot after each notehead. For your example, I'd stay with the single notehead
and single dot.

Michael