It's not "Belgian Ahn-deev", it's "BelgiuM ENdive" - Dan Quayle said it that
way, so it must be so.  (VP debate, 1988)

Oh, and as one who has possibly been to more of them than anyone else on the
list, it is definitely ROdeo.  (When I was a kid I liked to attend them, for
some reason, and as a young working trombonist I used to play for them.  The
galops, marches played at one to the bar for the bull rides, were the
fastest music I have ever played - great fun to attempt.)

Actually, I seem to recall that the announcer at the ROdeo would always say
something about the word coming from the Spanish roDEo. etc., etc.

Raymond Horton