Ok, Horn players .... I'm confused (not a new thing). I'm transcribing a Mendelsshon overture for Wind Ensemble .... the orchestra score lists the Horns as "Cor. in D". What is the concert pitch for a given note in that part? For the most part, they are written quite high, so I've have to believe if I'm transcribing for F Horns (which I am), that the concert pitches have gotta be lower ... no?

Appreciate any help ...

Dean

I have opened my soul/To let in the warmth of sound/Now my saving grace
Adrian Estabrook, author

And ... I remain intrigued that some folks who accept and practice, with absolute fidelity, the concepts of, say, feng shui and pyramids, should find the task of extending their leaps of faith to include an existent God so arduous.
Dean M. Estabrook
http://sites.google.com/site/deanestabrook/