I'll also add that violinists (of which I am one) generally dislike playing
pizz high up on the E string.  Not only doesn't it sound good (zero
resonance, and hard to even tell what the pitch is), but it's physically
somewhat uncomfortable as well.  Plucking a very taut, thin metal string
hurts!

-Lee