Oh, but you spent lots of money on a niche product. You could have
bought 2 or more $300 laptops that could do all what you want.

The iMac is really nice. The displays are nice. And it is nearly
silent. A 27" iMac and a 30" external monitor would be amazing. Have
you done that? How would you arrange the score with two huge displays?

I my macpro is pretty quite, and I have yet to max out the processors
on it. I've mixed two jazz band albums using ProTools with it, and I
don't think I even got anywhere close to 1/2 of the processing power
even with all the plugins I was using. And this is a 2008 model.
Though think of all the $300 laptops I could have bought!

For finale stuff, I have no clue how much power it uses. A big band
score with the garritan sounds works fine. The only time thing I ever
had the computer choke on was lots of VIs in digital performer.
Basically ran out of memory. Increasing the Mac to 8 gigs solved that.

But I'm using a niche product.....should have gotten a $300 laptop. It
could do all that and then some. I could be on my second or third on
by now.

Sent from my iSomething