At 7:27 AM -0700 9/18/11, TXSTNR POP account wrote:

>Lately I've been working on lead sheets for Joan
>Armatrading, and since her range is so low, (2nd
>space C in bass clef) I find it convenient to
>use Treble 8 in order to avoid ledger lines.
>That means that the lyrics are much closer to
>the bottom line of the staff.  It looks much
>better on the page.

Not at all unusual for chick singers/Broadway
singers.  She is, in fact, singing in the tenor
range, but apparently that's her natural range.
There are ALWAYS people on the ends of the
bell-curve.

John

--
John R. Howell, Assoc. Prof. of Music
Virginia Tech Department of Music

"Machen Sie es, wie Sie wollen, machen Sie es nur schön."
(Do it as you like, just make it beautiful!)  --Johannes Brahms