Some answers:

What used to be mass edit is now the "Selection" tool, and it does what mass
edit used to do and more.  This is simply a new way of working, and there is
nothing inherently wrong with the new system, in my experience.

The Speedy Entry problems you are having would have been the same in 2004 (if I
remember correctly).  You have to go into Speedy Options in the Speedy menu to
select the behavior you want.  You probably did that in 2004 as well and just
don't remember having done it.

That's as much as I feel qualified to answer.

Chuck

On Sep 22, 2011, at 12:21 PM, Katherine Hoover wrote:

> Dear finalelist,
>
>       I'm so disgusted... finally updated from finale 2004 to 2011.
> (Mac). and have spent some really frustrating hours.  First of all
> last night  Finale couldn't find my registration, gave me a hard
> time, then simply switched it on.  It then overrid (?) some 2004
> materials and printed something without my pressing print.  I'm
> hoping that will correct itself with a restart now that it accepted
> my registration.
>
>       1.  The fancy little circles in Speedy are very  hard on my eyes.  I
> remember changing them a couple of years ago for a student but I
> can't find alternatives anywhere.
>
>       2. Mass edit is gone.  can't find how to move measures up and down -
> and I'll need to find transpose and clear etc.  The "help"  is no
> help at all - gives me other topics and doesn't answer questions.
>
>       3. Speedy fills in bars with rests then jumps me to the next bar
> when I am still working in a measure..  Thought I saw a place to
> disable that but can't find it now!!
>
>       4. Finale audio isn't working.  It goes through my midi and turns on
> something crazy while I am working - or should I say TRYING to work.
> I only use it for proofing really and I'd rather just have the simple
> finale audio.  Tried to turn it on, was not successful.
>
>       ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!
>
>       Katherine Hoover

Chuck Israels
1310 NW Naito Parkway #807