From: "Eric Dannewitz" <ericd...@jazz-sax.com>

> When I do big band charts, drummers complain that there is too much
> stuff in the part. They (drummers) like more sketches rather than a
> literal part. Like just with ens hits, important rhythms, etc......

Haha!  When I do brass band parts, drummers complain.  Period.  What a picky
bunch!  :)

I'm with Chuck, hands up, feet down.  I've wasted too much time in the past
changing parts to suit individual drummers and that's what I'm sticking with
now, but I always put a note to tell the drummer what to bang on the first
instance of a note in each line/space.  Nigel, do what YOU think is right
and stick with that.

Peter