At 4:24 AM -0500 12/19/11, David H. Bailey wrote:

>And in the few days since I started using Notion on my iPad I am
>increasingly amazed at all that they've included in this initial release
>and feel confident that they will continue to add features such as
>lyrics capabilities and other things in the coming months/years.

For the price that goes without saying, of course!

But do you--or anyone else on the List--have
experience with the Mac/PC version of Notion?  I
ask because my former department head, who tries
to keep up with IT matters, has been looking for
a Free/Inexpensive notation program for our
students for years now without ever finding one.
It would have to be pretty full-featured to
qualify, since in the past we've required music
majors to have the full versions of Mosaic,
Finale, or now Sibelius.

Also, is there Music XML import/export built in,
or does it require purchase of the full Dolet?

John

--
John R. Howell, Assoc. Prof. of Music
Virginia Tech Department of Music

"Machen Sie es, wie Sie wollen, machen Sie es nur schön."
(Do it as you like, just make it beautiful!)  --Johannes Brahms