May I don't grasp the original post. It sounds like he needs staggered
barlines (as I think we used to call them). For this, hiding 'real' barlines
and using barlines as lyrics means they can space themselves the same in all
parts they affect. It doesn't work in every situation, though. I've used
expressions, too. Just offering another option until Finale gives us real
staggered barlines (after I'm long dead).

Dennis

On Wed, January 18, 2012 8:22 am, Christopher Smith wrote:
> Wha...?
>
> My mind is boggling right now. This means that you need to enter an entry
> (note or rest) to attach the lyric, that is then hidden, and affects music
> spacing in the staves that DON'T have a barline at the same place. My solution
> for added space using blank articulations means that the extra space is there
> in the score, but clears out on the extracted parts in the other staves.
>
> Can you detail your procedure a bit more?
>
> Christopher
>

> On Wed Jan 18, at WednesdayJan 18 7:15 AM, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:
>
>> There are so many kluges.
>>
>> For many measures that need separate barlines, I use barlines as lyrics and
>> type them in.
>>
>> Dennis
>>

>> On Wed, January 18, 2012 6:02 am, Christopher Smith wrote:
>>> Hi Giovanni,
>>>
>>> I think the only way is to create a large measure, then add in the barlines
>>> as
>>> expressions. I think recent versions of Finale already have barlines