Actually my legacy files (which use Smartsynth) play back fine in Fin12. I
am not picky about playback, and if it were up to me Makemusic would not
have expended one minute improving playback beyond Smartsynth  (because it
has been at the expense of so much that I do care about). Doubtless many of
you and others do not agree. Haha.

Still, I would like to hear a difference between pizz and arco, and if
after enduring 5 cycles of what (for my purposes) are predominately useless
upgrades they have made it more difficult to achieve, I really do have to
wonder about their priorities. The main thing that has prompted me to
upgrade to Fin12 (from Fin08) is the Unicode support, which I must admit is
fantástico. (And of course there are some other changes that I like.)