So I have been pursuing my issue of non-playback of pizz and arco
expressions with MakeMusic and finally came to understand that Human
Playback doesn't work with spacebar playback. Once I opened the playback
controls, I could hear the timbre changes.

I am a bit miffed by this. I guess Human Playback has never been supported
with spacebar playback, but if MM is going to push everyone towards it, it
feels like an arbitrary takeaway. I have to now figure out how to regress
to SmartSynth if I want to be able to hear simple sound changes without
having to cope with playback controls on screen. I just want to be able to
click on a bar and hear it play without a lot of hoop jumping.

Someone explain to me why I am being a baby, because right now I am kind of
upset.