I opened a MIDI file in Finale (mac, 2010) and discovered that right in the
middle of the pioece, all of the notation had shifted over a measure and a
half.  Not just one beat, not just one measure, but two eighth notes to the
left in 6/8.  I have NO idea how to shift them into the right position.

The client who sent this also sent me a pdf, and I see that he inserted a
1/4 measure (as a pause... OY!!) just before the great shift.  Is there any
way I can simply tell the notation to shift two eighth notes to the right?
 It's a long piece, and I may have to ask the client to create a special
MIDI file with just the second half, after the 1/4 measure.

But since I'm faced with this problem, I wonder if any of you have run into
a problem like this and know how to fix it.

Gratefully, hopefully,
Linda Worsley