I hesitate to say this, but that seems to have done the trick! Thank you so
much!

It's been running for nearly an hour now.  I've tried everything I can to
make it crash with no success even using files that were created during the
"troubles".  I've closed and opened Finale several times and rebooted the
computer a couple of times and everything would still seem to be working
well. (I haven't got a midi keyboard so that bit didn't apply)

Thank you again, and thank you to all those who have led me step by step to
the eventual solution.

Lawrence

On 8 February 2012 15:37, Raimund Lintzen <raimund.lint...@t-online.de>wrote:

> Lawrence,
>
> I had similar problems.
>
> My solution was, to trash the Finmidi.ini file than restart Finale 2012
> without a MidiKeyboard pluged in!
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> Raimund
>

> Am 08.02.2012 14:04, schrieb Darcy James Argue:
> > Hi Lawrence,
> >
> > Honestly, it sounds more like your computer telling you to contact Make
> Music tech support.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > - DJA
> > -----
> > WEB: http://www.secretsocietymusic.org
> >

> > On 8 Feb 2012, at 5:31 AM, Lawrence Yates wrote:
> >
> >> I found the Finale.ini file and deleted it and, as you said, it created
> >> new one when I opened Finale again.
> >>
> >> Finale worked for about 90 seconds then crashed again.
> >>
> >> This sounds like God telling me to buy a new computer (which I can't
> afford)
> >>
> >> Lawrence
> >>
> >> Lawrenceyates.co.uk

Lawrenceyates.co.uk