I've tried logging on as a new user and that seemed to solve the problem,
although, of course, I didn't have all the options I had in the normal
programme.

I looked at the audio settings and they were the same as when I log on as
myself.

Does that tell you anything (it means little to me I'm afraid).

On 7 February 2012 20:15, Rob Franks <marc...@ucsc.edu> wrote:

> Agreed.  I was hoping the uninstall and registry cleaning would do the
> trick, but no luck.
>
> Rob
>
> On 2/7/2012 11:56, Darcy James Argue wrote:
> > Running as a new user will, however, help isolate the problem. If it
> still crashes even under a brand-new user account, then that is
> confirmation that something is seriously amiss.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > - DJA
> > -----
> > WEB: http://www.secretsocietymusic.org
> >

> > On 7 Feb 2012, at 2:50 PM, Rob Franks wrote:
> >
> >> That's a safe way of fixing many registry problems.  Hopefully it will
> work.
> >>
> >> Claude is suggesting that you create a new user in XP, then use Finale
> >> as that user.  That's a possible workaround for registry problems, but
> >> running as a new user will make your life more complicated, which you
> >> don't need right now.
> >>
> >> Rob

> re-install)" -

Lawrenceyates.co.uk