Wow -- great replies! Your comments bring up a couple of other issues:

1. I assume that PDFs should be priced lower than paper copies. If they're not,
I would think there would be a greater incentive to pirate the PDF rather than
just buy your own copy. Does 50% lower sound right?

2. Adam Engst (TidBITS founder) was kind enough to offer some advice: don't
bother password protecting your PDFs -- they're easily removed. Even so, he
said that it's probably a good idea to stamp (in Acrobat) the PDF with the
price and buyer's name. This is similar to what Christopher Smith wrote ("This
score and set of parts is for the exclusive use of [the buyer]").

Paul Hayden

Magnolia Music Press
<www.paulhayden.com>