At 11:13 AM -0500 18/4/12, Robert Patterson wrote:
>the main differences you will notice are

Merci for the très compréhensif answer. Are all
these things you mention new to 2012 or did they
appear earlier?

I am not familiar with the Score Manager, is there anything good about it?

>  the current implementation of Score Manager to be huge pain in the patootie

You mean derrière (arse) ?

>Staff Groups are now associated with measure ranges instead of systems <snip>
>working with upgraded files can be a pain. <snip> systems are optimized...
>complexity in dealing with upgraded files

I have a lot of old files, many of them back
going back to Finale 1988 that I would like to
access again, and some of those, the ones I most
want to access again, are quite complex music.

>I don't know if this matters to you, but a huge
>new benefit is support for Unicode fonts.

Yes, that would be very welcome for me. And that appeared with 2012 or earlier?

raglan